If you have any questions about this policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at [email protected].
We may update this policy from time to time and will notify you of any significant changes by email or showing a prominent notice on our website. You should check back from time to time for any changes. This policy was last updated on 21st August, 2023.
How will you use my data?
- When you on-board with us as a customer (a fund or investor) we will collect a lead contact’s name, email address, phone number, company name and address (if applicable) and payment details. We collect this in order to take steps to enter into a contract with you to purchase our services on our website (www.deepsense.network).
- When you on-board with us as an expert we will collect your name, email address, phone number, company name and address (if applicable) and payment details. We collect this in order to take steps to enter into a contract with you to provide your services to our customers.
- When you contact us either by phone, email, via our ‘contact us’ page or via social media, we will usually collect your name, email address, company name and (if applicable) social media handle, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- To send you marketing information. Where you have previously expressed an interest in our services (and not opted-out of marketing) we will use your name and email address to send you updates because it is in our legitimate interests to promote our services we think you might be interested in. Where you are a new customer and have opted in via our website to receive updates on our services, we will process your personal information to provide you these updates in line with the preferences you have provided and will only use your personal data in this way with your consent.You can withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or, where relevant, by following the unsubscribe link in any marketing communication you receive from us.
- When you use our website we may place essential cookies to identify your browser type and version to enable us to provide our website, you can disable essential cookies at any time.
- When you apply for a job with us we may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), test results, qualifications, accreditations and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners.We will use your personal data to assess your suitability for our available roles. We do this to perform our contract obligations or to take steps at your request, before entering into a contract. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
Who will you share my data with?
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you.
- Prospective buyers of our business under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
Where do you store my data?We store your data on third party servers which are based both in the UK and outside of the UK. When working with third parties we may need to transfer your personal data outside of the UK and / or EU. Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the UK and the EU, we ensure it receives additional protection as required by law. To keep this policy as short and easy to understand as possible, we haven’t set out the specific circumstances when each of these protection measures are used. You can contact us at [email protected] for more detail on this.
How long do you keep my data for?We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements. In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to improve the way we work and our services.
What are my rights under data protection law?You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
|This helps us understand how you use the Website and helps us to improve your experience. These cookies may track how long you spend on the website and the pages you visit.
|The retention period will be between 1 minute and 2 years depending on the type of cookie used.
|Google Analytics >
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.